construction & Road Closures

Each year, the Public Works Department undertakes capital projects to improve roads and infrastructure, which may result in road closures.  Special events taking place within the Township may also result in temporary road closures.

click here to view the current construction & Road closures schedule

snow removal & Winter Road Maintenance

The Public Works Department is responsible for winter road maintenance.

Click here to learn more about snow removal & winter road maintenance

Entrance Permit

Properties that do not currently have access from the road to enter the property require an entrance permit.

click here to learn more about entrance permits


Report a malfunctioning light

To report a burned out light, please call 519-856-9596 ext. 120 or email

When reporting burned out streetlights, please provide the nature of the problem, such as the light being burnt out, cycling on and off, always on during the day, etc.  Also, please provide a description of the streetlight location, such as an identifyig number on the streetlight or the municipal address closest to the streetlight. 

Civic Number or sign request

By-law 53/2011 requires that the following types of properties must post a civic address identification number or plate:  properties with a residence, commercial, industrial, religious and educational properties where an emergency may be reports.  Civic address identification plates (green signs) must be obtained from the Municipal Office.  Replacement identification plates can purchased at a cost of $35.00 each and, if required, replacement posts are available at a cost of $15.00 each.

click here for a civic addressing number and/or sign request form

Properties that do not have an assigned civic number may obtain one from the Roads Department. 

Please contact the Roads Department at 519-856-956 ext. 120 or email to request a Civic Number or a new/replacement sign or post.

Debris & litter

Illegal dumping is a concern for the Public Works Department and we are asking for assistance from the community to help keep Township roads clean. Anyone witnessing illegal dumping activities should note the licence plate number and report this information to the By-law Enforcement Officer at 519-856-9596 ext. 121 or

To notify the Roads Department about debris including dead animals on any part of the municipal right of way (ie. road, curb, shoulder, ditch), please call 519-856-9596 ext. 120 or email

landscaping woodchips

Woodchips for landscaping are available to Township residents free of charge on a first come-first serve basis.  The woodchip pile is located at the north east corner of the paved parking lot at the Municipal Office at 8348 Wellington Road 124 (at Brucedale) and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Remember that you must bring your own shovel and do the work yourself.  NOTE:  The operation of heavy equipment is not permitted on municipal property. 

Maintenance gravel program

Currently, there are approximately 54 kilometres of gravel roads in the Township of Guelph/Eramosa.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT the maintenance gravel program


dust suppression

We have completed our annual dust suppression program on our gravel roads for 2015.

One of the components of the Township’s annual spring road maintenance program is the application of magnesium chloride as a dust suppressant on all gravel roads throughout the Township. Magnesium chloride is a hydroscopic material that absorbs moisture from the air, acts as a dust control, aids in compaction of gravel and increases performance of the gravel road surface.  There are approximately 54 kms of gravel road to prepare for magnesium application. This application program immediately follows the gravel maintenance application taking approximately 2-3 weeks to complete, pending weather conditions.

Street sweeping

Once the snow has melted in the spring of each year, the Township contracts out the Spring Street Sweeping Program to clean Township streets of the residual sand left on the road surface deposited during winter control.  


For all other inquiries related to roads in the Township, please call 519-856-9596 ext. 120 or email