united for progress
The Township of Guelph/Eramosa crest is a design based on the crests of the former Townships that now make up the current municipality. Incorporated on January 1, 1999, the Township of Guelph/Eramosa was an amalgamation of the former Township of Guelph, former Township of Eramosa and portions of the former Townships of Pilkington and Nichol.
In 2000, the Township received three design submissions from residents, which were all combined to develop the final design.
A shield was a common element in all of the former municipalities' crests. The cog, or water wheel, on the Township crest represents the mill and industry of the former Township of Eramosa. The sheaf of wheat represents the strong agricultural roots within former Eramosa and Nichol. The galloping horse represents the House of Guelph (or Hanover) Royal Family from 1713 to 1837, after whom the former Township of Guelph was named. The white horse is galloping across a red outline of a map of the current and amalgamated Township of Guelph/Eramosa.