Weddings and Other Functions


Will you be serving alcohol at your event?

A special occasion permit is required for the sale and service of beverage alcohol at special occasions such as weddings, charity fundraisers, receptions, etc. These permits are issued through the LCBO on behalf of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. You may be required to notify the Township about your special occasion permit. Notifications can be sent to or mailed to the Township Office at PO Box 700, Rockwood, ON N0B 2K0. Should you require an acknowledgment letter from the Township, please advise.

Will you be using a tent or marquee?

Please be advised that if you are using a tent or a marquee that is greater than 640 square feet in area, you are required to apply for a temporary Building Permit from our Building Department. Please contact Building Department at Ext. 117 or, if you require such a permit. The Building Department will require a sketch outlining the location of all tents and/or marquees being used on the property for your event.

Will you be playing music past 11:00 p.m.?

If you are planning to play music at your event past 11:00 p.m., you will be required to complete a Noise By-law Exemption application, which must be approved by Council. Visit the Township's By-law Page for more information on Noise By-law.

Need a wedding venue?

Want to have your wedding at a Township park or facility, please visit our Community Facilities page or contact or 519-856-9596 ext. 113.

Do you require an officiant?

The Township of Guelph/Eramosa offers Civil Marriage Ceremonies performed by the Municipal Clerk or the Deputy Clerk. For more information, click here.

Do you need a Marriage Licence?

We issue Marriage Licences at our Municipal Office. See your Marriage Licence page for information. 

For more information on weddings and private functions, please contact Amanda Knight at 519-856-9596 ext. 125 or