- In response to COVID-19 the Township is taking a careful and phased approach to opening facilities and programs. Our priority continues to be the health and safety of residents and staff.
- PLEASE READ BEFORE ATTENDING FITNESS PROGRAMS DURING COVID-19
- A COVID-19 screening protocol will be in effect as of September 8 at all municipal recreational facilities. Screening questions adhere to direction from Public Health Ontario to help determine the likelihood of a person’s exposure to the COVID-19 virus. On the day of your program, you are encouraged to complete the online screening https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ before arriving at the facility. When you arrive a Township staff person will ask for your name and for you to acknowledge you have reviewed the passive screening signage at the entrance of the facility. Attendance records will be kept for 30 days in the event that contact tracing is required by Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health.
- All participants are asked to stay at home when sick.
- Individuals with underlying health conditions or who are at higher risk of complications if they are infected with COVID-19 are encouraged to consult a doctor before attending a fitness program.
You must wear a mask inside the building. All participants and instructors may remove their masks once they have located an open 'fitness zone' on the floor. We suggest you bring a resealable bag to store your mask while you participate
Arriving for program:
- When you arrive at the Royal Distributing Athletic Performance Centre or Rockmosa Community Centre a staff member will greet you at the door and check you in for the class.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby.
- Individuals must follow physical distancing guidelines at all times while in the building. Please review facility signage and follow guidelines and direction from staff.
- Markings and/or chairs will be placed on the floor designating a personal 'fitness zone' to ensure physical distancing.
- For programs at Royal Distributing Athletic Performance Centre, change rooms and lockers are not available at this time. You will be provided a designated space on the perimeter of the field.
- Please come prepared and ready to start the class and leave promptly after the class finishes.
- There will be no use of Township equipment in classes until further notice. Please make note of the required equipment for your class and bring what is indicated.
- Water fountains and refill stations are closed. Feel free to bring your own water bottle. Glass bottles are not permitted.
- Staff will refrain from having physical contact with participants except to assist with first aid. Staff has been provided with PPE and additional training on how to modify first aid procedures to prevent viral spread.
- Increased cleaning measures are in place, in accordance with Provincial regulations and industry best practices.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Pre-registration is required for all activities. Drop-in programs are not running at this time.
Space is limited to comply with safety guidelines so please register early; registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Royal Distributing Athletic Performance Centre Fitness Classes:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the class, date, daytime telephone number and time you wish to register for.
- Staff will confirm receipt of the email within 2 business days and let you know when we will be in contact with you for payment with Visa or Mastercard
- Upon payment you will receive email confirmation of your registration
- Call the RDAPC between Monday and Friday 7am-5pm
- Staff will register you over the phone for the desired program
- Payment by Visa, or Mastercard to be made at this time.
Rockwood Fitness Classes:
- Email email@example.com with your name, phone number, the class, date and time you wish to register for. DO NOT include your credit card information in this email. PLEASE NOTE: At this time in-person registration is not available.
- Staff will confirm receipt of the email in 2 to 3 business days and arrange a day and time to contact you by phone to make payment with a Visa or Mastercard.
- Upon payment you will receive confirmation of your registration.
REFUNDS / CANCELLATIONS:
1. A full refund will be issued for all courses cancelled by the Parks and Recreation Department.
2. Requests for refunds or credits based on withdrawal must be received in writing 5 (five) business days prior to program commencement.
3. Prorated refunds will be issued for medical reasons.
4. No refunds will be issued for senior's day trips
5. Credits on account not used before year end (December 31st) will be refunded by cheque or on the credit card registered with the account
6. In the event of an emergency closure due to the COVID-19 Pandemic courses will be offered online, refunds will not be issued for these courses. Courses that cannot be provided online will be entitled to a full or prorated refund based on the course start date.
DDPY with Marcel
DDPY combines the very best of yoga, traditional fitness, sports therapy and dynamic resistance to create one of the most effective fitness plans in existence today.
DDPY Level 1 is suitable for everyone wanting to perform at an optimum level and want to see life changing results while improving their activity and quality of life.
DDPY Level 2 is suitable for individuals who are already familiar with DDPY. DDPY Level 2 will challenge participants to take their workout to a new level, introducing new moves, enhanced breathing techniques and further knowledge about healthy lifestyle.
*All DDPY classes are open to all ages*
Required: Yoga mat, water bottle, and towel. Heart rate monitor is highly recommended.
Instructors: Marcel Dore, Paula Eisnor, Greg Broeckel
||Rockmosa Community Centre