Please Click Here for the Buidling Department's COVID-19 related procedures.
Please note: these are general guidelines only. If you are unsure whether your project will require a building permit, please give us a call. Ultimately, the property owner is responsible for ensuring there is a building permit for the project they are undertaking.
Permits are not required for the following projects:
- Detached structures not exceeding 10m2 (108 ft2)
- Decks that are less than 0.61m (2 ft) to grade
- Air conditioning units for a residential dwelling
- Kitchen/Bathroom Cabinetry (no plumbing)
- Retaining walls less than 1m in height
- Replacement furnaces where the output and fuel source will not change
- Replacement roof shingles on a residential dwelling
- Painting, decorating, or general maintenance
- Paver stone and landscaping
Did you know that construction projects that do not require a building permit are still required to conform to the applicable zoning regulations? Whether the project is large or small, contact the Planning Department at 519-856-9596 ext. 112 to determine the zoning and permitted uses for your property or visit the website for a full copy of the Township of Guelph/Eramosa Zoning By-law.