The Township of Guelph/Eramosa Dog Control By-law requires every dog owner to register his or her dog and obtain a dog licence before the 30th day of April each year.
It is important to get an annual dog tag for the following reasons:
- Registering your dog demonstrates responsible pet ownership, and helps the Guelph Humane Society with the identification and safe return of your dog.
- If your dog goes missing, having him licensed drastically improves your chances of getting him returned to you safely.
- Reduces the stress a dog may experience from staying at the shelter
- Allows the Guelph Humane Society to contact the dog owner in the event of an emergency to make vital decisions regarding their care.
- It's the law! The cost of a license is far less than the penalty for being caught without one and saves the cost of impound and boarding fees.
For more information on Animal Control at the Township of Guelph/Eramosa, please see the information below.
In 2016, the Township was pleased to partner with the Guelph Humane Society for animal control services. The GHS is an organization equipped with Animal Protection Officers with the skill and qualifications to provide animal control in Guelph/Eramosa.
For more information on the Guelph Humane Society, please click here.
For more information on Dog Licences, please click here.
For more information on Lost and Found Dogs, please click here.
For more information on Kennel Licences, please click here.
For more information on the Livestock Valuer, please click here