- If your dog gets lost or is injured, a dog licence (dog tag) is a fast and easy way to identify your dog and to get in contact with you.
- Licensed dogs are likely to be returned home.
- Licensing your dog shows that you are a responsible pet owner.
- By-law 80/2016 requires that your dog be licensed by the Township. It's the law!
To obtain a dog licence, fill out and complete a Dog Tag Licence Application Form and, along with the required fee, submit your application by:
- Submitting it to the Township Municipal Office during regular business hours; or
- Dropping it off in the secure after-hours drop slot located at the front door of the Township Municipal Office;
- Mailing your application and fee to the Township Municipal Office (8348 Wellington Road 124, P.O. Box 700, Rockwood, ON N0B 2K0); or
- Visiting the Guelph Humane Society at 500 Wellington Street West, Guelph during regular business hours.
As of January 1, 2017, dog tag fees have increased due to the following reasons:
Dog control costs have increased.
Dog tag fees in Guelph/Eramosa have not increased since 2002.
New dog tag fees now compare with neighbouring municipalities.
|One (1) fertile dog
|One (1) spayed/neutered dog
Fees will increase by $5.00 after April 30th of each year.
In the Township of Guelph/Eramosa, no person shall have more than three (3) dogs on any premises, in accordance with By-law 80/2016.
A dog shall be leashed at all times.
For more information, please contact Legislative Services at 519-856-9596 ext. 101.
For more information on what to do if you have lost or found a dog in the Township of Guelph/Eramosa, please click here.