The following Guelph/Eramosa recreation facilities are now open. Please see attached media release for more information.
Outdoor sports fields and baseball diamonds
Residents may use outdoor sports fields and baseball diamonds for non-team sports that allow for physical distancing. Gatherings are still required to be no more than ten people, unless they are living in the same household. This is un-coached informal play. Sports organizations need to follow the direction of their governing body and provincial legislation.
Benches, picnic tables and park shelters
Picnic tables, benches and park shelters are now open for public use, provided that physical distance of at least two metres is maintained. As these amenities are not sanitized, residents should wash or sanitize their hands thoroughly before and after use.
The skate park is now open for public use, provided that physical distance of at least two metres is maintained. As these amenities are not sanitized, residents should wash or sanitize their hands thoroughly before and after use.
Basketball courts are now available for use immediately, with physical distancing measures in effect. Basketball courts should be used for non-team sports that permit physical distancing and gatherings of less than ten people.
- Practice Physical distancing; staying 2 meters away from others. Refrain from handshakes, high-fives and fist bumps.
- Double tennis permitted, following safe distance protocols
- Only players actively engaged in play are to be inside the fenced enclosure. Please wait outside the fenced area for your turn or in your vehicle.
- If the courts are busy leave and return at another time.
- If others are waiting for a court, playing time is limited to one hour.
- Avoid changing ends or courts.
- Bring your own uniquely marked balls, only pick up balls that you brought for play.
- Return balls to adjacent players using your foot or racquet not your hand.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and use it before, during and after tennis court usage.
- Bring your own water and do not share.
- Bathrooms and water fountains in Rockmosa Park are closed. Plan your visit accordingly.
- Refrain from touching your face (wiping sweat) and common elements on the tennis courts.
- Failure to comply with these rules, social distancing requirements or improper use of the courts may result in the closure of the tennis courts.
- The Royal Distributing Athletic Centre is currently closed but will open for limited track use starting September 8, 2020. To contact RDAPC staff directly please contact 519-265-7905 ext. 2.
- The Marden Community Centre and the Rockmosa Community Centre are closed and all associated programming and rentals have been cancelled until further notice. To contact our community services staff directly about cancellations or refunds, please call 519-856-9596 ext. 113.
- The Rockmosa Older Adult Centre is closed and all Active 55+ programming has been cancelled until further notice. To contact our Parks and Recreation Administrative Assisant directly about cancellations or refunds, please call 519-856-9596 ext. 139.
- All Township play structures are open as of July 17, 2020.
- Party in the Park 2020 has been canceled.
- Grand River Conservation Authority has opened most of their parks. Please use this link for the most up to date information. https://www.grandriver.ca/en/who-we-are/covid-19.aspx