- On March 24, 2020 the County of Wellington circulated a media release regarding financial relief to residents and businesses from COVID-19.
- There is a secure 24/7 mail drop box at the Township Municipal Office, located at 8348 Wellington Road 124 and during regular business hours, the vestibule will be open for members of the public to drop off tax or water bill payments but there will be no interactions between staff and the public at this time.
- The Water Billing and Tax Departments would like to remind residents that the Township does offer the option of receiving your bills through email billing.
- If you wish to receive your water bill through email, please click here for more information.
- If you wish to receive your tax bill through email, please click here for more information.
- We would also like to remind residents that the Township offers online banking and pre-authorized payment as additional options for water bill and tax payments:
- 1) Online Banking - please go to your financial institution’s online banking app or website and sign in. In the search bar you will enter Guelph/Eramosa and proceed with set up.
- 2) Pre-authorized Payment Plan – click here and complete the PAP Enrollment Form for and forward to:
- Water Department: email@example.com. You will be advised through email when your PAP set up has been completed.
- Tax Department: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be advised through email when your PAP set up has been completed.
In order to help residents and businesses who find themselves facing financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic, penalties and interest on 2020 property tax and water/sewer payments will be waived for 60 days as follows:
Water/Sewer Payments - By-law 17/2020
The Township of Guelph/Eramosa will waive penalty and interest and non-sufficient fund charges for returned payments for 60 days on 2020 water/sewer payments due March 31, 2020. (April and May 2020)
Tax Installments - By-law 18/2020
Tax installments due on May 31, 2020.
Penalty and interest for non-payment of 2020 tax instalments and non-sufficient fund charges for returned payments will be waived for 60 days from the May 31, 2020 installment due date. (June and July 2020)